Business License

Click on this button:
Description: eReg Summer 2012
to apply for your
State Board of
Equalization number

A business license is required to do business in San Jacinto, as in most cities. Please review our Development Guidelines.

Business license fees are based upon the type of business and number of employees. A State Board of Equalization number, workers' compensation,
and contractor's license with expiration date may be required as a part of your business license application.

Please visit the California State Board of Equalization website for more details:

To determine whether you need a State Board of Equalization number, contact the board's regional office in Riverside at (951) 680-6400.

You can download a business license application from here, or obtain one from City Hall.

Looking for licensed businesses? Here's the 2017 Licensed Business Report (updated March, 2018).

Fictitious Name

If you are not operating the business as a sole proprietor under your own name, you will need to file for a fictitious name.

To file for a fictitious business name, obtain a form from the local newspaper. Bring a copy of the application to the City's Community Development Office along with your business license application, showing proof that you filed with the newspaper. You do not need to wait for the legal ad to be published.


city hall