The City of San Jacinto has a thriving Community Center. From tots to seniors, you're sure to find a class or activity to enjoy.
Blood Pressure Screening For Seniors
Every Wednesday starting starting February 20, 2013 from 10 am - 12 noon, San Jacinto Community Center. No appointment necessary.
For more info, call (951) 487-7303
Event flyers: | English | Spanish |
See the current San Jacinto Newsletter, Activities Calendar, and Senior Menu:
...and here's a sneak peek at Apri:
Need Space For Your Event — Rent the Community Center
Holding a big event and looking for a place to rent? Consider the San Jacinto Community Center. Our facility is available to rent at very reasonable rates.
- Community Center Facility Use Guidelines
- Community Center Rates and Fees
- Community Center Rental Application
Come enjoy a delicious and nutritious lunch at the San Jacinto Community Center. You’ll also have the opportunity to socialize with your senior friends and neighbors. The requested donation for each meal is $3.00. Please see the monthly lunch menu for more information. See What's Happening This Month for the current menu.
Current Programs and Classes
Here are the programs offered for all ages. See What's Happening This Month for time/date details.
- COMPUTER CLASS
The purpose of this class is to teach basic and intermediate computer operations. This class is given the second and fourth Thursday of every month, from 1pm to 3pm. For more information please see the new class flyer & class calendar.
- CLUB FOR THOSE WITH IMPAIRED HEARING
A social gathering to discuss the latest technology available, play games, meet new people and old friends.
- EGG GUILD
Different sizes of eggs are used to decorate and paint.
Painters use oil, water and acrylic paints.
Create, cut, sew, and complete quilt patterns. Small quilts are donated to hospitals for children in the area.
- AARP DRIVERS SAFETY CLASS: Classes are by appointment only and are sponsored by AARP. We meet once a month and are designed to lower your auto insurance and you do not have to be a member of AARP to attend.
- AEROBICS: A special light Aerobics Class for seniors and those wanting to ease back into shape. Tone muscles with weights, strength training bands and exercise poles to good oldies music. We meet Tuesdays and Fridays 8:30 to 9:30AM
- ARTHRITIS SUPPORT: Offers a class for people with special physical needs and those with many forms of Arthritis. We help tone muscles and gently ease pain of swollen joints, strengthen the Heart. Regain your good posture and body alignment. We meet Tuesdays and Fridays 10:00 to 11:00AM
Bingo is offered every Thursday for a small fee per game, with a $ jackpot
- COMMUNITY CRAFTS: Make projects for the Convalescent Homes, Hospitals and other Caregiver agencies in San Jacinto. We meet every Tuesday from 12:30 to 3:00 PM. We supply all the yarn and knitting needles. This is a great opportunity to give back to our Community
- EXERCISE CLASS
Low impact exercises to music –– most exercises are done sitting down go at your own pace
- FRIENDSHIP CLUB: San Jacinto Craft Friendship Club for Seniors 55 years and older. We meet for crafts, friendship, food, field trips and just having fun. We will welcome you with open arms, come and join us every Friday from 9:00 to 12:30PM
- INCOME TAX ASSISTANCE
AARP provides federal and state tax preparation and assistance with tax related problems. February 1 to April 15
- PARALEGAL ASSISTANCE
A trained paralegal provides assistance with wills, probate, divorce, landlord disputes and other legal matters in a confidential setting
- PROJECTS FOR LOCAL VETERANS: This project is designed to help our local Homeless Veterans. Plastic grocery bags are cut and woven into large mats that can be used under sleeping bags, etc. This project is near and dear to our Community Center in giving back to those who gave us so much. We meet Fridays from 11:00 to 2:00PM
- SENIOR FRIENDSHIP & SUPPORT: Are you feeling sad or blue, tired, achy, isolated or unmotivated? This is a great opportunity to join a group of your peers and get support for daily activities and stress. We give you small tools to use in difficult times to help lift your spirits.You are invited to join us on the first Wednesday of the month from 10:00 to 11:30AM. This is hosted by Catholic Charities Counseling of San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
- SENIOR HULA CLUB: Hula Dance! Ladies and Gentlemen of the Pineapple Express, Seniors on the Road practice Hula Dancing Mondays from 1:00 to 3:00PM for upcoming shows, All new comers are invited
- SENIOR UKULELE CLUB: Ukulele Practice, Ladies and Gentlemen of the Pineapple Express, Seniors on the Road and Hemet Ukulele Strummers practice Ukulele Wednesdays from 1:00 to 3:00PM